Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sonia Kashuk Exfoliating Body Polish | Review

Hello all!

Oh my GOODNESS it's cold out there! The wind chill temp is -20 degrees Fahrenheit (-29 Celsius!) and the actual temp is 2 (-16 C)! 

So if you're like me and you get really dry skin in the winter, then I have just the thing for you today!





Exfoliating is REALLY important! I can't tell you how many people don't even know what it is or the benefits! So if you are still unclear on what it is or why it is important (believe me it's ok if you don't!) then here you go;

1.) It removes dead skin cells
2.) It makes your skin way smoother and radiant
3.) It regenerates skin cells
4.) It creates a great canvas for self tanner, makeup, and also gets you a closer shave!
5.) Makes your skin look younger (who doesn't like the sound of that?!)

She Knows has a good article on this, as well as many other articles on Google!

Now, you don't always have to buy an exfoliator. You can make your own sugar or salt scrubs for much less! The Crunchy Moose has a good article on diy face scrubs here. They mostly talk about face scrubs, but if it is gentle enough to use on your face, then it is gentle enough for your body! (But not necessarily vice versa. Some body exfoliators shouldn't be used on your face!)

Some exfoliators or exfoliants can be too abrasive, so it's best to try out the product on a small patch of skin. IT SHOULD NOT HURT! You may feel a "scratchy" sort of texture, but it shouldn't feel like sandpaper against your skin. Also remember to not scrub too hard, as that can also be too abrasive. Skin is delicate and you don't want to hurt yourself!
There are also exfoliators out there that do not have little beads or other "scrub" like ingredients, but it relies on chemical properties (it's not quite as scary as it sounds!) to remove the dead skin. Personally I have never tried a chemical peel mask or anything of that sort, but I like to feel the exfoliator working- just my opinion though!

Ok so now onto one of my favorite exfoliators, the Sonia Kashuk Exfoliating body polish in Yellow Alluriana:



 First off, the scent is amaaazing! It is so fresh and clean, and just delicious! It is described to be grapefruit, verbena, and musk, which I would say is a dead on description. I like that it is grapefruity/citrusy but not overwhelming. The "musk" really helps to balance it out.

This here is actually a re-purchase, and I know that if I think "oh I am running out and need another one" that I REALLY like it! If I'm on the fence about a product that I am using, I usually try something new or look around to see what else is out there instead of re-purchasing. So as you guys can tell, this one here is golden to me!

I really like the packaging as well. It has a twist lid to it, as well as a plastic cover to prevent any water from getting into the product. It is sometimes a hassle though because when you are trying to get the product out it feels like you are fiddling with so much packaging, and that you could easily get water inside. I pretty much just step as far away from the water as I can to get the product out, then seal the lid before stepping back into the water!

I'm actually going to keep my old container to maybe use to out hair ties in or something! Haha! Recycling is great!

My first container was purchased in March maybe? I know that it was either in the spring or earlier, so it lasted me quite some time which is great! :)




I like this exfoliator because consistency wise it isn't super watery, or super thick either. It glides like a dream! I can feel that it isn't stripping my skin and that it moisturizes it while buffing off the dead skin. I find that I can use this everyday if I please, but I usually don't use it every single day.



I don't think that it is too abrasive, however, if you'd like it to be the you can make it the harder you scrub. When I get out of the shower my skin doesn't feel parched or anything, but it is still best to moisturize after exfoliating.

In terms of other exfoliators, I love the Nip + Fab Detox Blend Body Scrub, and also the Body exfoliators from Victoria's Secret! I usually only buy the spring/summer scents for the VS scrubs mainly because they smell so nice. They aren't the best at removing dead skin, but I still enjoy them!

For my face I usually only use my Clarisonic (which I reviewed here). I find that this is exfoliating enough, even with the softest brush. At school I use the Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control face wash, which has some microbeads in it for exfoliation as well.

Is this my absolute favorite exfoliator? For everyday use, yes! I love the Nip + Fab for those days that I feel that my skin needs a little pick-me-up and really needs deep cleansing. This product is more abrasive than the Sonia Kashuk one, so I have to be careful to not use it daily! I also need to pick up another bottle of that!

I purchased this exfoliator at Target for $10.99.  The other products in this collection are hand cremes, regular body washes, and an eau de toilette spray. This isn't the only scent as well, so if you think this scent may not float your boat then there may be another one you will enjoy!

If you are in need of something to help your skin out in this cold, then pick one of these containers up and give it a go! I'm glad I did! Here's a secret for you- if you download the Cartwheel app then you can scan items in the store and see if there are any coupons! When I picked this up there was a 10% off Sonia Kashuk products deal going on! Worth the try :)

What are your favorite exfoliators? Let me know below!
~Katie


*Other products mentioned-
Nip + Fab Detox- here
Neutrogena Deep Clean Shine Control cleanser- here
Victoria's Secret Scrubs- new scents usually come out in the spring! They are limited edition so get them when you can!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Wow, if you have repurchased it, you must really love it a lot. I love to exfoliate too, especially ones with a creamy texture because it moisturizes as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! I'm not sure if this brand is available where you live, but I'd recommend it! I'm the same way, if it isn't creamy enough then I probably won't like it!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

      Delete
  2. These product are so gorgeous - they are on my wish list.
    Body Polishing Services In Delhi

    ReplyDelete