Monday, June 1, 2015

Mani Monday! | Essie's Bikini so Teeny + Serial shopper




 Hello all!

As promised, here is the nail polish duo that I was wearing in my last post! I like it because it is different and beachy!

To start off, I always recommend applying a base coat because it helps to adhere the color to your nail, and create- as you'd guess- a nice base! It also allows your mani to last longer!

I like Essie's First Base base coat, which I used for this look, but you can use whatever you please!

Colors- As I mentioned above, I used Serial Shopper and Bikini so teeny, both of which I purchased from Ulta. On Ulta's website (and a little bit in person) Bikini so teeny appears to have a massive amount of glitter in it. When you apply the color to your nail, it seems to just vanish. Even though it isn't "visible" as glitter on the nail, it does act as light reflectors and maybe this is why it is so shiny? I don't know, I'm just hypothesizing, so don't quote me on that ;)




How I applied- I applied 2 coats of Bikini so teeny to all of my nails, except for my ring finger. I applied about 2 coats of Serial Shopper to my ring finger and was done with that! I then added China Glaze's No-chip top coat over the top for a nice shine!


Reverse version- Last night I decided to try this same mani, but switch the blue with the coral and try it that way!



Instead of the China Glaze top coat, I tried Essie's new Gel.setter top coat, but used the same colors and base coat. I like the gel.setter top coat because it is SUPER shiny, and when I tried it with a different nail polish it made my mani last a nice long time :)

Also, for the reverse mani I decided to paint my thumbnail bikini so teeny, making my thumb and ring fingernails match and leaving the other nails with serial shopper. For some reason, it looked better this way!

If you recreate this, I'd love to see it! You can tag me on Instagram (@katiavagyok) and I'll be sure to like it!!

What do you think of this look? I think it's perfect for going to the beach, or staying in a dreaming of a beachy getaway!

Thanks for reading :)
Katie

9 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I love those two colors together!
    Serial Shopper reminds me a lot of tart deco which is one of my favorite essie colors.

    But the combo of these are perfect :)

    Andrea
    www.belairbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, serial shopper is similar to tart deco, but jelly! I personally love jelly colors so it's perfect for me :)

      Thanks for reading!
      ~Katie

      Delete
  2. such lovely colours, I love Essie :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. borse a busta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. shopper personalizzate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate please contact me mostlyseen@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete