Friday, February 6, 2015

Daily Makeup Routine


Why hello all!

I thought I would show you all the products I use on a daily!



First off is prepping my skin and protecting it!

Moisturizers: Olay Fresh effects (Dew Over) and L'oréal Silky Sheer Face lotion:


In the winter my face can get so dry! I was recently told that I need to protect my face and wear sunscreen when I go outside at all times due to photosensitivity. I LOVE the Olay moisturizer, and I didn't want to stop using it, so I started mixing the L'oréal sunscreen with it. I find that the sunscreen is very runny and I only need about 2 or 3 drops mixed with my lotion and I'm set! Plus the sunscreen also adds hydration as well!



After I've let my moisturizer sink in (it takes a little bit with that combo!) I move onto primer! I really like this one because it is oil-free, and it does not clog my pores at all! It creates a smoother canvas than if I didn't use it as well. This is only the travel size, and I can tell it'll last a while! A little goes a long way!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 light vanilla:


First off, I apologize for my dirty brushes! I wanted to wash them beforehand, but then they would need to dry, and then this post would be set back... so please excuse that! As for what brushes these are, sometimes I use the Tarte Mineral pressed powder foundation brush which is no longer available, and other times I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to get a flawless finish!

I already have an entire post dedicated to this foundation, so if you're interested in that then you can find the post HERE.

NYX HD Photogenic Concealer and others:


This is the NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Beige, and I love it! I get really dark circles under my eyes, and they are usually blue/purple. This concealer, even though it isn't intended only for it, is great at covering those bad boys up! It has more of a yellow undertone to it, which I find is great for counteracting the blue.

The consistency is somewhat thick, however, it doesn't cake under my eyes! I apply it in a triangle shape under my eyes, and it also adds more coverage to my cheek area. Got a pimple or spot? It's great for that too! When I first bought this I didn't like it very much because 1. the scent is kinda weird... almost rubbery in a way? and 2. It didn't spread very easily.

I corrected the second issue by using my Lancôme flat brush. Unfortunately I can't find this brush on the Lancôme website, and I actually got it in a set of brushes as a free gift.


I also occasionally use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory to highlight and add some dimension to my face. I also use the Bourjois healthy mix Correcting concealer in the lightest shade. I have found that the Bourjois concealer is not the best under my eyes... I feel like it accentuates any lines and bags... not pretty. 

Hoola Bronzer (contour):


I feel like now we hear so much about contouring to the max, that we often forget that you can do a light contour everyday. I like using the Hoola Bronzer from Benefit. I have the little sample because it came in a little gift with purchase a while ago, and I still haven't hit the pan! When I run out though, I will definitely purchase the full size!

It easily blends to look natural, and a little goes a long way! I use the Contour brush from Real Techniques to apply it!

Naked 2 Palette (eyeshadow):


Ok, no surprise here if you read my review on this lovely palette (here)! Every day I use at least one shade from this palette! I use the Benefit Stay Don't Stray to prime as well, I just didn't have it with me to take a photo!

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara:


I change up the mascara sometimes, but my favorite is the Maybelline the Rocket mascara (waterproof). I curl my lashes using the Revlon eye lash curler and then go for the mascara!

Finishing touches:


Lately I haven't really needed to set my foundation since my skin is going through a dry spell, but I still apply a tiny amount where I put concealer just to be on the safe side. I spoke about this powder in my Bourjois collection post (here).

Ok, so I know it seems like I wear a lot, but really I don't! I use a light hand with the foundation and the concealers, and I usually go for a light eye shadow look and minimal mascara.

Here is what it looks like finished! :


Ok ok, I know this is bad quality, but I had actually forgotten to add this (thank you Phy!)! I forgot to bring home my Naked 2 palette (boooooo) so I used my MAC keepsakes palette (review on that here), which I sometimes do anyway!

All in all, it takes me only about 10-15 minutes to do my entire face, and that includes dilly dallying ;)

I hope you got some ideas about the products I use!
Have a great day :)
xoxo,
Katie

8 comments:

  1. Love the bourjois powder!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great! Thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Would love to see the finished look with the use of all these products. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I meant to add a photo later and never did.. well, I just fixed that :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Awesome thank you so much! I just checked out your blog in return :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products! Love the naked palette!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The naked palette will forever be a favorite! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete