Thursday, March 31, 2016

Travel Wish list

Hello everyone, long time no see!!

I am so lucky to be studying abroad in Australia starting August 2016! This is going to be such an amazing opportunity, and I have been waiting to do something like this for so long!

Since this will be my biggest trip ever, I have already begun looking at different things that I will need to take with me, and also things that may be beneficial to me! So here goes the beginnings of my travel wish list! I will be adding more as time goes on!!

For general travel/airplane:

Whenever I hop onto a plane I am always reminded of how sensitive my ears are. Sometimes the pressure gets so bad that I want to cry... it makes me feel like a little kid! I have seen these Earplanes earplugs that are supposed to regulate air pressure naturally! Definitely a must try for me!

I belive that I will be needing some new luggage. The picture above has luggage that is super expensive, but if anyone knows of any brands that have something similar to this I would be forever grateful!

I am also interested in a passport cover, but a lot of them are super expensive! This one is from thedottylemon.com, and it think it is so cute! You slide your passport into it (instead of it being like a book) and it says "hello world here I come" on it! SUPER cute and simple! Plus it isn't $70+! SCORE!

Camera accessories: 






I love photography, and I plan on taking my camera with me along with some "equipment". I have a canon rebel T5 and a Nikon D3100, so I am trying to decide which to take. I also own a GoPro (Hero 3) that I will most definitely be taking. The GoPros don't have an LCD screen on the back on the base models, however, you can buy the LCD touch bacpac for $80. It isn't that bad considering that buying an untrustworthy waterproof camera is probably around $100-150, and I find that GoPro is rather durable. 

The backpack above is by a brand called Brevitē, and it functions as both a standard backpack (the camera insert is removable), a camera bag, or both simultaneously! Since I will be going to school there I will need a backpack, but I will also need something to carry my camera equipment in. Luckily, this will do both!

I have had my eye on the Polaroid Instamax camera in light blue for so long now... I reaally want one, but I am not sure how practical it will be with traveling. I would love to have a few polaroids taken while I am there though. We shall see if I end up getting one! 


Tech:












So I know that I mentioned that the GoPro cameras are durable and good quality, but sometimes what I want to take a picture/video of would not work with the fisheye lens. Since I will be near the water anyway, I think it may be a good idea to have a Lifeproof case. Plus, (if I find that it is protective enough) I could take it under water and use the iPhone camera. Not the greatest quality (and I'd be scared to take it under water!) but it may just be doable!

I will definitely need the Australian plug adapter! That is a must!

Clothing:

 





So I will probably be living in swimwear (or as they call it tongs or swimmers) and I want to be comfortable! These bikini tops are by midori bikini, and they look so comfy! I will also be needing closed toe shoes for different excursions!

Of course I will need LOTS of sunscreen, but I am going to wait to see what kinds of sunscreen they have in Australia!

If you have any suggestions of things I should take please leave them below! Also, shout out to my Australian readers! I can't wait to see your beautiful country :)

Take care,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment