Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Covergirl XL nail gel in Rotund Raspberry | Review and swatches

Hello all!



Today I have the Covergirl XL nail gel in the shade Rotund Raspberry for you all! 


I normally don't buy Covergirl nail polishes, however, I had my eyes on this mini line from them for a little while. I originally had my eye on the purple shade called "plumped-up plum", but when I recently went to Target I saw this one and was all over it!




I think that this is a really nice shade for the fall/winter, but also for any time in the year.

Claims:
On the Covergirl website, this nail polish claims to have;
"GEL-LIKE FINISH PLUS REFLECTIVE SHINE THAT LASTS UP TO 7 DAYS"

 It also claims to give you a gel-like look without having to deal with all of the hassle of actually getting a gel manicure.

Application:
The formula is pretty thick, but the polish did go on nice and smoothly. I was able to get an opaque finish in just one coat, however, some of my nails required a little extra polish in some areas, due to some streaks. In other words you can get by with one coat, but I'm that type of person that really likes a full finish.

This polish really is nice and shiny. If you reeeeeeally wanted to you could skip the top coat since it is super shiny, but top coat really does seal in the color and make the manicure last longer, so I still think it is an important step.



Please disregard the cuticles and excessive polish on the skin. I tried my best to remove it without breaking out the nail polish remover!

As you can see, the color is pretty opaque and the finish is very shiny! 

I do like this polish, but it doesn't last for 7 days in my opinion. I had gotten some tip wear as well as around my cuticles, even with the Seche Vite top coat (which is amazing!). This started happening around day 3 of wear, so really that is not very good....

Overall, I like the color and the fact that I can make it work with one coat, but it doesn't have the best staying power. I definitely don't feel as though I have a "gel manicure" either.

I think I'll be sticking to my Essie and OPI polishes for now! Oh and Formula X as well, even though I only have one colored polish and the "system". 

I hope this was helpful, and take care!
Katie 



No comments:

Post a Comment