Thursday, May 14, 2015

John Frieda Beach Blonde (new formula) collection + Reviews


It's about to get beachy up in here!

Today I have some reviews for you on a new-ish line from John Frieda!
Despite what the name suggests, John Frieda's Beach Blonde collection is not only for blondes! It is a line that increases texture for all you beauties out there, whether you are blonde, brunette, or a redhead!

This line was actually released ten years ago for the first time, and then John Frieda pulled it in 2007, and the beauty world went nuts! It was a cult favorite, and now that it is back the world is rejoicing! 

I remember having the shampoo back then I believe, however, I couldn't tell you what I thought of it because I was a youngin'!




I am a fan of purifying shampoo in general because I have very fine blonde hair that is stick-straight and likes to get oily fast. I love this shampoo because:
  1. It smells amaaaaazing
  2. It feels cool on the scalp
  3. It has mint and seaweed extracts (the mint energizes and the seaweed detoxifies)
  4. It leaves my hair feeling clean and textured
It is a typical formula.. gel-like and it lathers nice. The shampoo is mild, however, if used daily it can be a little drying. Luckily, to combat this you can use the:




This conditioner is wonderful because: 
  1. Like the shampoo, it smells nice
  2. It is also cooling
  3. There is mint and kukui
  4. It leaves hair shiny, tangle free and bouncy!
This conditioner isn't the most nourishing conditioner on the planet, but I like that. I can actually use this on my scalp without fear of nasty buildup... *shudders at the thought* 





Like I mentioned above, I have über straight hair. Typically I wear my hair naturally, and don't use any products (other than my It's a 10 products!), so adding this to my hair has been different for me! I actually reaaally like this because it doesn't make my hair crunchy, sticky, OR oily. It doesn't weigh my hair down either, which gives it an A+ for me.

If you have straight hair then this is supposed to help create a "tousled" look, and if you have naturally curly hair then it can actually define your curls better! Like the shampoo and conditioner, this can be used on hair that is not only blonde.

It definitely makes my hair texturized, but it doesn't necessarily make my hair "wavy". It CAN get there though, but I just have to make sure I use more product. This is just with a few sprays (I sprayed it on my wet hair and let it air dry):


As you can see it isn't really "wavy" at all.

For me to get that truly tousled look, I like to scrunch my hair up into a basically a ball on the back of my head and use a clip to hold it in place! I will eventually try to get a better picture at some point.

Essentially what I am saying is that even if it doesn't make my hair wavy it at least adds some nice texture!

I picked up the lightening spray also (after I already took these photos) and that should only be used on blondes. It gradually lightens the hair and smells amazing too!

So what do I think of this collection overall? I LOVE IT. I think it is definitely worth a try, and I like how most of the products can be used on all hair types and colors.

* I've noticed that there is also a kelp deep mask available, but only in certain countries. In those countries it seems to take the place of the lightening spray... which is interesting. I hope that they eventually bring it to stores here in the US too!

I purchased all of these products at various places, those being

  1. Target
  2. Kroger
  3. Ulta
I also know that you can find these at Walmart and other stores as well!


If you have any questions or are curious about any of these products feel free to ask away!
-Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment