Monday, March 9, 2015

My MAC collection


Hey everyone!!

Long time no post! I decided that for today I am going to show you my MAC collection, and I realized that I have more than I thought!


As you can see, I have a lot of things from collections because those are what I am drawn to the most!

First off, I have the items from the "To the beach!" collection from 2010 (my FAVORITE) collection!:




I only purchased 3 things, those being the Scorcher nail polish, lipglass in Easy lounger, and the Golden bronzing powder.

Taking these photos made me realize (again) just how much I love this color! Unfortunately this color is no longer available, but you're in luck because I have a dupe! OPI's Cajun shrimp is soooo close if not exactly the same! Plus, it would be cheaper for you ;)



This always makes me sad to say, but I dropped this compact.. *sigh*. I was devastated when this happened, and still am. As you can see, I "fixed" it by putting rubbing alcohol in it and mixing it together. It did the trick, but it is still does not feel the same unfortunately!

And lastly from this collection I got the Easy lounger lipglass which is gorgeous!! I am always really careful with the seahorse on the cap because it is rubbing off. This shade is just magnificent and I am wondering if there is another one like it. I remember when I went to visit my great grandma a couple of years ago she was in awe of this color. I bet if I wore it around her again (she's in Texas now) she would still love it! You know it's a keeper when your grandma approves!

I REALLY wanted the seahorse highlighting powder from this collection and I am still sad that I couldn't get it :( oh well. I absolutely loved the packaging on all these products!

Next on up is the Maleficent line from the Disney Venomous villains collection from 2010:



Man, MAC was just killing it in 2010 weren't they?!?! This was another huge collection, and Maleficent wasn't the only villain featured. I still miss this collection and would probably have bought some of the products from the Evil Queen section!

I bought the "She Who Dares" eyeshadow duo which is a deep shimmery navy and a deep shimmery green marbled eyeshadow. I have to say... this is the darkest eyeshadow that I own! I remember that I wore this for a dance once to match my dark blue dress and it looked nice, however if I wore it on it's own for every day it would be too much. I don't get much use out of this unfortunately... it is just too dark and SUPER sparkly... meaning there was a bunch of fallout. I had to use it with a wet brush just to get the pigment to stay. Still very pretty though..

The Lipglass here is called "revenge is sweet" and the color is to die for!! Like the seahorse on the other lipgloss, the Maleficent has rubbed off too, so I try to be super careful. I know it is kinda hard to see the color and it looks rather dark (and too purple), but on the lips it looks great! It's a great berry color :)

When I took these photos I forgot that the dark blue/purple nail polish was from this line as well! The color is called "Formidable!" and matches my eyeshadow palette pretty nicely :) On the nails it looks awesome because depending on how the light hits it you get different colors. You can see green, teal, purple, and overall it is just sparkly too! You  can see my pic of the bottle below:


For some reason I feel like I got the shade "bad fairy" too, which is amber/red.... maybe i just have something like it? or I remember contemplating to get it? I can't remember....

So what is the white polish you ask? That would be "Frayed-to-order" from the 2011 Jeanius collection. This is my only purchase from that collection because, as the name suggests, all the colors were "jean-like" and very blue.
Anyway, back to the polish.... it dries to a matte finish with a really cool duo-chrome pink pearl throughout. Of course a top coat can be added to make it shiny. It's a very unique color and I don't have anything else like it!




Next are the 2 products from the Quite Cute line from spring 2011:



This line was, well... cute! I'm wishing now that I would've gotten one of the adorable blushes, but oh well. I bought the Cutie Eyeshadow Quad and the I <3 U plushglass, which looks scary in the tube but I promise it isn't bad! On the lips it is actually quite subtle and looks good overall!

The eyeshadow isn't as good as I had hoped. It is not very smooth or pigmented, but the colors are pretty.

My most recent purchase from a collection is this purchase from the Alluring Aquatics from summer 2014:




Now, the reason why I bought this Golden bronzing powder is because I broke my last one... SO, now I have 2, but that is ok. I love the packaging on this one too because the little droplets are actually 3D which is great!

Next I have some other miscellaneous stuff!: 


The lipgloss is actually from the 2011 summer surf baby collection. The shade is "Good Lovin'" and is great for a golden look!  I love all of the lipglosses because they have an amazing scent :)


The lipstick is my most recent purchase and it is the Lustre lipstick in Syrup. I saw Ingrid (Missglamorazzi) on Youtube wearing this and it is perfect for every day! So far I love it!


The last 2 items were random purchases:



The eyeliner is in the shade "electrolady", and to be honest I NEVER use this. I pretty much got talked into it when I bought the stuff from Quite Cute. I regret this purchase :(

MAC "harmony" blush I got because I actually wanted "sculpt" from the Maleficent collection (or even the original) but they ran out. The woman at the counter suggested this because it was close to scult, however I do feel that sometimes it can appear kinda red on my skin tone. I like the texture though and I only use it for contouring! 

PHEW! That was a lot to talk about!! I hope this was interesting to read :) 
**OMG I am so dumb... how could I forget my MAC keepsakes palette that I have reviewed?!?! If you're interested in seeing my post about that then click here!
Take care,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment