Saturday, March 21, 2015

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara | Review + First impressions


Hey all!



Have you heard of/ seen this yet? This is the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara (could the name be any longer? haha), which claims to plump up your brows with its "Fiber infused gel formula". 
Here is the description from the L'Oreal website:
"Fill brows in an instant and hold hair in place with this easy-to-apply brow gel mascara. Formulated with a subtle tint, the gel adheres to even the finest hairs, leaving them fuller and more defined with a single application."




Here is the packaging, and I apologize for the ripped packaging. I should've taken a picture before I opened it... but anyway, I bought mine in the shade light to medium.


I should probably start off my saying that I don't normally do anything with my eyebrows. I don't fill them in with a pencil or anything. I have noticed recently that my eyebrow hairs have been falling out more and more, and I feel kinda self conscious about it. I have heard that Benefit's Gimme Brow is fantastic, but didn't want to spend $22 to find out. I'm not huge into the whole eyebrow craze anyway (if the first thing that you see in a photo is someone's eyebrows, then there is clearly a problem there), and I don't want to feel unnatural. 

When I heard that L'Oreal was making a product like the Gimme Brow from Benefit, I thought that that may be a good alternative to spending a lot of money.


Here is the back of the packaging if anyone wants to see the ingredients list or the other info. Just click on the pic to make it larger! :)

So what do I think of this product?

Overall I'm still so new to the eyebrow product game that I feel weird paying any attention to my eyebrows. I do like this product though because I can brush through it afterward and soften it out so I feel a little "lighter". Even if you don't brush through afterward it is light enough if you apply it softly!

As compared to the Benefit Gimme Brow, this brush wand is much longer and the bristles are slightly larger. I feel as though the long wand makes it somewhat more difficult to apply, and I wish it was shorter. 

One thing that I want to mention is that this doesn't have the greatest scent. It's not too irritating, however I just thought that I'd give you a heads up!

Overall, it's still hard for me to say specifically what I think about this product. I think it does the job well, however I don't have much to compare it to. Since my brows don't need much tending to, it isn't something that is that crucial for me to pack on, so I really like that I can apply only however much I need! If you're like me and haven't used many brow products then this is good for you as well for a starter :) 

I purchased mine at Ulta for $8.99! 

Have a good day everyone :)
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I've wanted to try this! I haven't tried Gimmie Brow either though so I don't know which one to go with. I think I saw Shaaanxo use this one in a tutorial and the results looked amazing on her!

    http://itsalyssajana.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa! I think if you wanted to try one of the two you could try this one first and see how it goes! The Gimme Brow is just too expensive for such a small bottle! I'm not sure how much the L'Oreal one is in New Zealand though!

      Thank you so much for taking the time out to check out my blog! :)

      Delete