Saturday, January 3, 2015

First impression | Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara


HAPPY 2015!!
I know I'm a little late, but I hope you all had a very happy new year! Today I have a first impression sort of thing for you on the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara. This is a relatively new mascara that you may (or may not) have seen commercials for and in the store!

*Read the bottom for a little update*


I received mine for Christmas, and I was excited to try it out! The mascara claims to give you "exceptional lash fullness that's soft- even to the touch." This mascara has a mousse formula with natural beeswax that will allegedly make your lashes never stiff or brittle. 




Packaging 



As you can see there is a LOT of pink going on here... not a bad thing if you like it haha! I included these pictures so that you can read the information and ingredients!


The bottle itself is much like the lashblast fusion, but it has little flowers on it. In a way it kinda reminds me of something I would have loved when I was a little girl... oh the nostalgia!

The brush is a plastic skinny brush. They claim that it is a "petal-brush" and that it contributes to the soft lash claim.


The wand isn't the "bendiest" either. What I mean by this is that the black part of the want doesn't bend, however the pink part with the bristles collectively has a little give.... that probably made no sense but ultimately the brush doesn't bend too much all together. Some may like this, some may hate it. 

My thoughts
Now granted, I have literally used this mascara once, and it is difficult to say in depth how good or poor the quality is, so these are my thoughts on the first try. When I first put the wand into the bottle I noticed that the formula was kinda dry. I read from somewhere (can't remember where) that someone also felt that the formula was dry. It definitely did feel mousse-like to me, which I'm not quite used to. I currently use the Maybelline The Rocket mascara which I absolutely love, but the formula on that is much more watery. I may just be so used to mascaras that have a less dense consistency, so it might just take some getting used to for me. 

My first attempt at applying it to my eyelashes was... interesting. It just felt so dry! I struggled trying to get the product to evenly distribute through my lashes. My lashes are difficult to deal with to start, and they just kinda wanted to stick together. I agree that it is best to get it at the base of the lashes and then wiggle the brush. I was nervous to apply the second coat, but it wasn't too bad. It did overall make my lashes look a little better with the second application, but still not the greatest I've seen them. 

I will give this another go.... but so far I can say that there are other mascaras that I prefer. It's ok for the lower lash line, but for the top it's just not the greatest that it could be. 


As of right now I wouldn't really recommend it, however the formula may just not agree with my lashes but would work wonderfully for you! Maybe the waterproof version would be nicer and possibly hold a curl?

*UPDATE* 

I have given this another try on a couple of different occasions, and I do think it is better than I initially thought. I still want to keep what I said above because what is a first impression without the first thoughts, right?

My lashes may have needed to get used to the formula and the brush. Since this is the non-waterproof formula it doesn't hold the curl, which kinda sucks. I haven't experienced my lashes falling out or becoming more brittle, so it passes that test! 
I'm wearing it right now and I don't even feel like I'm wearing mascara. I have to say that even though it isn't the waterproof version it does stay nicely, and it hasn't transferred onto the skin, even with snow blowing in my face!

Would I recommend it now? Yeah, potentially. I still isn't my favorite, nor does it really do anything spectacular to my lashes to make them that much more voluminous. I don't hate this product, but I'm not head over heals either. I like that my lashes feel *soft* and that it can come off easily, but I still fight with the tacky, dry formula sometimes.

Overall, I'd say now that if you are interested in it give it a try! It can be a nice every day mascara or one of those "I'm just running errands today" kinda mascaras. Best for a fancy formal event that you want to be glam? No, not really. In that case I recommend Benefit's They're Real! mascara. 

You may be like me and really dislike it at first, but then end up not minding it after a little while. 


*UPDATE #2- almost a year later (12-20-15) *

Ok, I love this mascara now. I have been using this for almost a year now and I really, realllllly do like it! I think it is worth a try, and I feel like my eyelashes appreciate the formula now, more-so than the formulas with a lot of chemicals in them. 
Do I recommend it now? YES! Interesting what changes in a year, huh? :)

Have you tried it? What are your thoughts? Leave them below and I would love to hear!
Take care,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment