Tuesday, December 30, 2014

CLARISONIC review | Cashmere luxe brush head



Oh the Clarisonic... you all have probably seen a bunch on this, so I'm hoping this won't be too much!


My Clarisonic is so old that they don't even make this model anymore! This is the very original model and I can't even remember how much it was... maybe $99? Anyways, it only has one speed and unfortunately mine does not really hold a charge anymore. I don't mind that there is only one speed, because I don't think I'd like it to be faster. The charger for mine is a dock style, so in other words I place it into the charger and plug it into the wall. I'm not 100% positive but I think the new chargers aren't like this? 
As you can see, my Clarisonic is now discolored... I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but it isn't
the prettiest. BUT, it's what's on the inside that counts, right?! 



So here's the scoop, I actually stopped using this for a while and recently rediscovered my love for it. One day I just decided to look for it and give it another go, and I'm glad I did! 
I think I stopped using it because I felt like the head I was using was too rough on my skin. I originally used the "sensitive" brush head, and I felt as though it wasn't gentle enough.

What brush head you use is an important factor in whether you will like the Clarisonic, in my opinion at least. So here is my newest love:

Cashmere Luxe brush head




I wish I could show you what the brush head really looked like when it was first purchased, but I hadn't started my blog yet! The brush was fluffier, but it is still as luxurious today. This brush has honestly been the reason why I've kept using the Clarisonic. Without it I probably would have just stopped using it all together because the sensitive brush was still too abrasive. The cashmere brush is super soft and I still think that it is effective enough at getting my face clean. Love it!

Results

I really have seen an improvement in my skin since starting it again. It is a little difficult for me to give you an accurate result list because I only have my Clarisonic at home and not at my dorm, in other words I only use it on the weekends. I have used it pretty much every day since I've been home and I have less blackheads for sure. I stopped using it for a couple of days in between, and I definitely noticed a difference, and my skin was begging for the Clarisonic again!

Sensitive and cashmere head brushes
Here I put the sensitive brush next to the Cashmere and you can see that the cashmere has longer bristles. Please note that the sensitive brush should be white, but it has also discolored. I had soaked it in bleach since I hadn't used it in a while.

In case if you're wondering, I use the Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser . There are cleansers that you can purchase from Clarisonic, but it's been a while since I used them. They are probably better now!

I actually am interested in seeing if the newer models and speeds are better than that offered in my Clarisonic. Also, there are so many pretty colors offered now! There are some more sleek devices too, and looking at mine it is actually pretty massive. I also would like to try the cleansers... maybe some day...

You can purchase the Clarisonic from their website and also from Ulta, Sephora, Von Maur, and other retailers!
Have you tried the Clarisonic? What are your thoughts?
Take care,
~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment